Saturday, March 19, 2011

A thought, well maybe be more than one

Have you ever had a week where your emotions are just so close to the surface that littlest thing could set you off? Now, have you had one of those weeks without being able to pinpoint what's causing your distress? Well that was me all week but I think I finally figured it out. I'm beginning to feel taken for granted by a lot of the people in my life and while I know it's not intentional, it still hurts and causes me a great deal of stress and anxiety. I KNOW you don't do things for others with the expectation of praise or reward or recognition, you do them because you love the people and want to do things to make their lives better or easier or more fun. However, we're all human and reach the point where we need to hear a kind word like "thanks" or "that was great" or to be show a sweet gesture like an out of the blue hug to remind us that our efforts aren't going unnoticed. I could go off on the who's and whats that are leaving me feeling this way but they are numerous and wide-ranging, some are even inanimate. Discussing them would led me off on tangents and rants and who wants to spend a Saturday reading that!?!

I know that I've been guilty of taking people for granted and causing other them the pain I'm feeling and for that I'm sorry. I'm going to do my best to recognize the efforts people make for me, no matter how small or seemingly insignificant and I would challenge you to do the same.

Have a fabulous Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?