Saturday, December 10, 2011

Pinterest Craft Ideas (Christmas Edition)

 

Pinterest is my favorite website ever! If that hasn't been made clear by now then you just have been paying attention! You can find anything and everything on Pinterest; heck you can find things you didn't know you were looking for but without which your life will never really be complete! Several weeks ago they proved their genius and added a "holidays" board and man alive has it been a wealth of inspiration for me. I thought I'd share some of the most fabulous things I've found thus far (yeah, that's right; I just dropped a thus) to help those who might not have found their holiday spirit just yet.

First up are these totally amazing glitter trees from the crafty girls over at Eighteen25. I love how simple these are to make. You take the cone floral forms (in whatever heights your heart desires) and coat them with spray adhesive. Once that's done all that's left is to cover the forms with glitter and repeat till thoroughly coated. I love that they used forms in varying heights as it adds depth and dimension and their color choices are spot on! That teal is so unbelievably gorgeous that I can't stand it! You can also find that adorable print (the true centerpiece of the photo) on their site as well; and get this... it's a free printable! The girls at Eighteen25 are just that cool. I fully intend on making these (minus the stands) tomorrow.

Anyone else dying over this mantle display?

Next up is something I don't think I'd ever have the nerve or patience to attempt but that reminds me of some many people I love. Plus, it's just so ridiculously cool! I give to you a Christmas tree made out of... books!!!! Patti over at Pandora's Box spotted this insane tree at her local Anthropologie which makes total sense because this is what those crazy folks do! If you're not familiar with Anthropologie consider yourself lucky; this site sells gorgeous clothes, bed linens and home decor goods that you would kill to have but at prices that make you (well me anyway) want to cry.
If only I had this many books!
Keeping with the tree theme, look what the marvelous Jen and her friends, over at Tater Tots and Jello whipped up! How cute are these cupcake liner trees!?! Uh, maybe so cute I literally ahhhed out loud when I first saw them! All you need to create your own trees is some 12x12 card stock, seasonal cupcake liners and tape! For (really easy to follow) step by step instructions pop on over to Tater Tots and Jello!
I am in LOVE with the cupcake liners the girls used. Too perfect!
I love my tree this year but every time I look at it I feel like something is missing and that something is a tree skirt. But not just any old tree skirt will do, I want one with charm and character. Unfortunately, those are really hard to find at the store without forking over a crazy amount of money. Thankfully, during one of the many hours I spent on Pinterest while home sick the last few days, I found this beauty... a no sew (can I get an AMEN) ruffled tree skirt. Chantel at Done Over Decor used a tree skirt she saw, on where else but Pinterest, as her inspiration. She used leftover fabric, burlap purchased at Wal-Mart and her trusty glue gun to cover up her old tree skirt. She's got great instructions for how to make your own at her site. Check it out!!!
Charming, clever, adorable
The last craft I'm going to share in this post brings me joy; pure and simple! I love how versatile you can be with this project; you can use wooden or papier mache letters and cover them with paint, glitter, fabric or scrapbooking paper. For the O you can re-purpose a jingle wreath (love those things in a way that is just so wrong) or create an awesome ornament wreath. No matter how you approach this, you're going to end up with something, well joyous! Kristina (whose work can be found at her Etsy shop) is incredible for dreaming this up. She's got some fabulous stuff in her shop, Something2beSaid, so take a few minutes and check her out!
Joy, it's one of my favorite words!
So many cute things and not nearly enough time to make them all! I hope you've seen something that puts you in the holiday spirit and maybe gives you that little push you need to be creative this season. I have some many other things that I can't wait to share with you so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?