Saturday, May 21, 2011

Amazed

A mere 5 days ago I posted a project on Donor's Choose to raise money to purchase some historical fiction novels for my classroom. It took 2 days to go through review and an amazing 2 days to be fully funded by my fantastic friends and family. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm surrounded by truly wonderful people who's caring, compassion and warmth know no bounds. Who's devotion to bettering the world for everyone, but especially children in need, is endless.

To everyone who donated to my project I offer another heartfelt thank you. You've made my transition to 8th grade a little easier. To everyone who said they were going to donate but weren't able to because of how quickly my needs were met, I offer thanks to you as well. The fact that you were going to part with your hard earned money to assist my students touches me greatly.


I am amazed at the success of this project and it has inspired me to plan a few more. Not any time soon, I don't want to be greedy! But like so many teachers I continue to be asked to do more with less money, time and resources and I need to look for outside resources to make the necessary things happen. Knowing that I have ALL of you on my side makes me feel like I can achieve more and more of what I hope to for my students.

For those of you who donated, I'll be sending thank you packages in October showing my students using the novels and reports on how the novels have helped them increase their understanding of American history as well their fluency and vocabularies.


Again, thank you to everyone who helped make this happen and wanted to have a part in bettering the lives of my students. You're angels, every one of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?