Sunday, May 29, 2011

My new obsession (seriously love it more than my luggage)

Ben and I were invited to a Super Bowl party earlier this year and being raised by a Southern mama I knew I couldn't show up empty-handed; that just wouldn't be polite! So I threw some meatballs in the crock pot and did a quick search for a yummy sauce to let them swim in. Alas and alack I didn't find anything that sounded good so I started experimenting and developed a sauce that tasted REALLY, REALLY good... at least to me.

Well, it appears the sauce tasted REALLY good to lots of people because my meatballs were the first to be finished off. Yea me!!! Anyway, I've used this sauce on several other types of meat and I'm OBSESSED!!! I plan on making meatloaf tomorrow and using this sauce on top; I've heard from a reader on Tasty Kitchen that the sauce is delish on chicken wings as well and I can tell you it's fab on boneless pork ribs. So I thought I'd share it with you my dear readers. Does everyone have their pens and paper at the ready? Okay, here it is!

3 tablespoons butter
4 cloves garlic, diced
1 cup ketchup
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup soy sauce

Melt the butter over medium heat on the stove, dice the garlic (I use my Ninja) and add to the butter. Saute for several minutes, you want it to be really fragrant. Add the ketchup, honey and soy sauce, stir together well and cook over medium heat. The longer it cooks the thicker it gets.

Once the sauce is made you can go ahead and throw in meatballs (from frozen if you're lazy like I am most nights) or pour it over chicken breasts, ribs, chops, etc and bake in the oven.

This sauce changed my life, this sauce makes me happy, this sauce might be good enough to bring about world peace. Okay, that last statement is an obvious over statement but if you make this sauce, it could bring peace and harmony into your home.

Anyone who truly knows me, knows that I LOVE bbq sauce. No, wait. That's not accurate, love isn't a grand enough word, it doesn't capture my true feelings for bbq sauce. I ADORE, ESTEEM, REVERE bbq sauce. You might be asking yourself "why is she rambling on about her obviously unhealthy feelings toward a condiment?" The reason is simple. I think I love this sauce MORE than I love bbq sauce. There, I said it. I feel better, don't you?

Now get up from whatever you're doing and make a batch of this sauce, use it on all your Memorial Day bbq fare. You won't be sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?