All kidding aside, my mom really is an amazing woman and I am blessed to have her guiding me through life and helping me become the best person I can be. She thought me to care and be kind, to work hard and never give up, that it's okay to fail and laugh at yourself.
I was reading EW.com this morning (I get a pass on your judgement of my online reading because I've been up since 5 so I could take Renee to the airport) and there was an article about pop culture related things the reporter loves about her mom. I thought this was fabulous and decided to create a list about my mom, the contents of which may or may not be pop culture related.
I love that my mom loves:
1. DVRing Joan Rivers on QVC and the running commentary I get as she watches.
2. college football; watching her watch the Oklahoma/BSU game a few years ago was CLASSIC!!!
3. to use cream puff containers to make bourbon slushes (it how she was taught after all)
4. to unintentionally embarrass me with her use of hand gestures. And yes, I am talking about the chest pound/peace sign incident at the Mexican restaurant in Moscow.
5. to look at EVERY purse at TJ Maxx. She is nothing if not thorough and some times I get a new purse out of it. :)
As I said earlier, my mom is awesome and today I'm thrilled to celebrate her. I hope all those reading this are as lucky as I am and have been blessed with a truly marvelous mom. If you do, make sure to tell her how special she is and how much you appreciate all she's done and continues to do for you. Far too often we wait for days like this (where the calendar directs us to buy cards and send flowers) to let the moms in our lives know how truly lucky we are that they exist.
I love you Mama!